top of page
days museum.jpg


Adults $10.00, Children 6-12 $5.00, Children 5 & under free. 

Winter Hours: October through April

Tuesday - Sunday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm  

Closed Sundays, Mondays, and winter holidays.

Summer Hours: May through September

Daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

More information & Tickets

Deadwood History, Inc

The Days of ’76 began as a way to honor Deadwood’s first pioneers - the prospectors, miners, muleskinners and madams who poured into the Black Hills in 1876 to settle the gold-filled gulches of Dakota Territory. Since the first celebration in 1924, the Days of ‘76 has grown into a legendary annual event with a historic parade and an award-winning PRCA rodeo.

The Days of ’76 Museum began informally as a repository for the horse drawn wagons & stage coaches, carriages, clothing,  memorabilia, and archives generated by the Celebration. In 1990, Don Clowser installed his collection of important Old West Pioneer and American Indian artifacts, firearms, and archives into the pole barn that was the museum. With this new installation added to what was recognized as the largest collection of horse-drawn vehicles in the state, it became clear that the Days of ’76 Museum needed a new home.

In 2004 the board of the Days of ‘76 Museum, supported with a $3,000,000 gift from the City of Deadwood, pledged to construct a new $5.25 million, 32,000-square-foot home for its collections of Western and American Indian artifacts, archives, photos and artwork that is on display today.

While you're here, visit our other Deadwood History properties: Adams MuseumHistoric Adams House, and the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center.

Deadwood History, Inc., (DHI) is a partnership between two non-profit cultural organizations – the Adams Museum & House and the Days of ’76 Museum. DHI oversees the operations of the Adams Museum, Days of ’76 Museum, Historic Adams House, and Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center, and is governed by a board of 11 directors.

bottom of page